Why do we need FC version attached to the package name?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jun 23 23:29:38 UTC 2009

Dave Jones wrote:
> How about something in bodhi that checks you aren't introducing this
> problem, forcing you to push a higher NVR package to $nextrelease first
> before you can push it to updates?

We have to allow pushing to several releases at the same time. For example,
KDE upgrades are already hard enough to coordinate as is, having to wait
for the push before being able to queue the update for the previous release
is not viable. That additional wait would also annoy the heck out of many
packagers who just want to push their trivial fix to a single package
everywhere without having to wait.

Of course, if we just require a matching update for the newer release to be
queued (as opposed to pushed already), that's OK, it'll satisfy the above
requirement just fine.

        Kevin Kofler