[JANITOR] Duplicate directory ownership cleanups

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 10:40:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:30:01 -0400, Stephen wrote:

> I think he's just talking about clearing up unnecessary duplication
> (like with his php-pear example) that confuses the yum dependency checker.

Hmmm? Tom's announcement doesn't mention any such confusion.

Are there really dependencies on directories being used which cause the
depsolver to pull in a wrong package? Dependencies on paths outside /etc
and *bin* ought to be the exception, not the rule. In particular, since
they require the optional filelists metadata to be downloaded and parsed.

I've recently cleaned up some wrong ownership of %_libdir/pkgconfig/, but
in general I think Tom should rather help with fixing unowned directories
and implicit conflicts instead. ;)