FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 26 23:05:53 UTC 2009

Adam Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I too would like to see KDE treated as a first-class citizen, rather than
>> blindly pushing Gnome to the ignorant masses.
>
> The problem with this is that you are now pushing two things blindly
> at ignorant masses, so not only do they have no clue what their doing
> because its a different operating system from what they are
> (generally) used to but there are two "default" interfaces to it. How
> does this make sense?

...more so than the choice they already face between Fedora, Ubuntu,
Mandrake, Mint, <insert favorite distro>? (Yes, I know, bring on the old
'straw, camel' story...)

Also, I want to pick at your use of "blindly"; who says it has to be
blind? Why not work to educate users about the difference? A "Take a
Tour" would probably be good publicity anyway. (You know, take the edge
off that "no clue what they're doing" thing...)

--
Matthew
 > pinotree uses the large trout on tsdgeos and PutHuhn :)
 > PutHuhn runs
 > tsdgeos lights a fire and eats the trout
(with apologies to Pino Toscano, PutHuhn and Albert Astals Cid, who came
up with this entirely on their own)