FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jun 27 01:30:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 19:18:42 -0600,
  Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> Currently, a number of folks (myself included) thinks that Fedora
> should have in their target demographic users who are new to Linux in
> general and Fedora in particular. The sort of people who read a review

Yikes. I wouldn't recommend Fedora to casual computer users. I would (and
have) recommend starting with Ubuntu and if they become interested in
particpating, suggest that Fedora is great for that.

It may be, that in the F12 time frame, Fedora will have fewer issues with
things like Video cards, sound and the like, so that only having to deal with
issues caused by software patents will not be such a high barrier, that
I would have a problem recommending it to people who I think might eventually
want to participate.