FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 02:10:59 UTC 2009

On 6/26/09, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> <SNIP!> Please stop using this bogus "OpenSUSE does the same to
>  GNOME" argument, it's just FUD. Their example actually shows that it's
>  perfectly possible to have 2 equally-supported desktops instead of one
>  single default.
>

>         Kevin Kofler

OpenSuSE devs in their irc channel have openly admitted to me that KDE
gets more attention and that the Novell employees are essentially the
only reason that gnome is still considered "equivalent." So, no it
isn't FUD.

Though I will admit that OpenSuSE does do a good job of visibility for
both Desktop Environments and it has already been mentioned here that
the current layout of the download page is planned to change to offer
both gnome and kde live on the same page for visibility help.

-Adam

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com