FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 28 05:03:55 UTC 2009

On 06/28/2009 05:25 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> So, most of the stuff you mention will be fixed really soon, probably
> already in F12! But there are also plenty of KDE features GNOME doesn't
> have (e.g. where's a GNOME desktop globe matching Marble?). It's perfectly
> normal that some features are not available at the same time in both
> desktops. That has nothing to do with system integration.

The difference between features like a desktop globe and things like
NetworkManager is obvious. I am talking about core  desktop
infrastructure. Moreover all the features I mention were driven within
Fedora. KDE does lack integration with them. Fedora 12 hopefully fixes
some of them but I suspect it is going to be a game of catch up. This is
not your fault or KDE SIG's. Just a matter of availability of resources.

Rahul