FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 28 08:13:19 UTC 2009

2009/6/28 Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> On 06/28/2009 12:40 PM, Thomas Janssen wrote:
>> I might understand it wrong. But from my point of view. It's not
>> newbie oriented at all. If it would be newbie oriented it would offer
>> information and give options to choose, included with some basic
>> screenshots of what the user gets after installation (GNOME and KDE at
>> least, if XFCE is a official Spin as well, then XFCE also).
>
> None of this is going to change with a FESCo vote. What it requires is
> someone interested in working with the websites team.

Where was i speaking of a FESCO Vote? No, what it really requires is
the interest to do the things right. To think before you do. To really
care about your old and new users. There is already a website team.
But before i will join them or work with them together, i read a lot
and try to find out what will happen. And i doubt it was the website
team who made the decision how ugly (sorry just IMO) and poor it looks
like.

And what happens is best described in that long thread.

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/ShowUs
>
> Involve the design team as well. Instead of pointlessly arguing in
> FESCo

Pointlessly arguing in FESCo.. That pointlessly arguing brought up a
lot. Still not enough, but a lot. So i have to do the work. Not a
problem at all. I already made some pages. But i'm sure (more than
that) that the guys who does the job actually can do it not just as
well, but even better. So my question is, "why" is it then as it is?
And why would my work change anything? I think right now, there needs
some changes in some minds before.

> just do the work involved instead.

I really like to contribute but it's still my decision. I'm one of the
2nd. class citizens.

> Good design and a better
> website will not come out of a committee vote.

Sure?

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium