FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Niels Haase arxs at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 28 10:46:54 UTC 2009

2009/6/28 Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> On 06/28/2009 03:35 PM, Niels Haase wrote:
>
>> GNOME & KDE - official support from fedora (first class citizen)
>> XFCE - spin only (second class citizen)
>> LXDE - remix only (third class citizen)
>>
>> Just my two pennies worth.
>
> Xfce and LXDE are in the central repository and maintained well by the
> maintainers involved just like GNOME and KDE. Whether it is part of a
> separate spin or remix or neither doesn't really indicate any
> differences in the level of "support".  Some of the best maintained
> packages are in a niche and not part of any media.

I'm sorry for the badly chosen words. What I want to try to say was,
that, if you take a look and the [1] page, it show you KDE and GNOME.
For the normal user, it's look like that this version are the
"official supported" one. Hope it's make it clear ;)

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/de/get-fedora-all

--
Regards,
Niels