[JANITOR] Duplicate directory ownership cleanups

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun Jun 28 12:06:59 UTC 2009

On 06/28/2009 07:25 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> I haven't referred to Perl packaging, but the general Packaging and Review
> Guidelines. Unfortunately, you decided to cut off what I've quoted from
> them. The part I find ambiguous.

In my defense, I was focusing on the main guidelines, and the spirit of
the problem which is this:

	When there is a clear and direct dependency between Package A and
Package B,
	there is no need for Package A and Package B to own the same directory.

I forgot to take into account the versioned perl pathing nightmare, and
have been violently flamed for it. Thank you to the people who were able
to coherently and politely point out the issue to me and not assume that
my memory contains everything.

The only other packages I intend to touch on this issue are:

(duplicate directory with filesystem)
gnome-power-manager
policycoreutils
selinux-policy
system-config-httpd
xsane
avahi
glibc (although, I suspect this change will get overwritten)
kde-i18n-Spanish
kde-l10n-Spanish

(duplicate directory with pkgconfig)
freetype
libXScrnSaver

(duplicate directory with hicolor-icon-theme)
poedit
paw
kdirstat
amsn