Raising the bar

William Jon McCann william.jon.mccann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:47:54 UTC 2009

Hey Peter,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Peter Robinson<pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Focus on rawhide will mean the next release will see the improvements :)
>>
>> That means, that the next release will be untested, as usual. So why
>> create another useless initiative?
>
> Huh? your on the devel list and you don't use rawhide? Maybe I should
> introduce you to the fedora-test list.....
>
>> Please, keep in mind, that almost nodoby using Rawhide == nobody will
>> participate except few paid Red Hat developers == useless initiative.
>>
>> I repeat - this initiative should be based only (exclusively) on
>> current releases.
>
> What a load of crap! I use rawhide as do hundreds of other testers. I
> don't use it on my work laptop until feature freeze but I do use it on
> my home laptop, netbook, a number of VMs and servers and I know LOTs
> of other people do......
>
> Given that the release CD/DVD images/isos don't get updated and until
> they update there's no improvement what's the point?

Let's try not to let doomsayers drag down the level of debate here.
The other Peter made a reasonable point that we can address without
calling it a load of crap probably.  We have a thread here that should
be a light in the darkness.  A way for us all to make something we
love even better.  Let's try to keep it positive.

Thanks,
Jon