Raising the bar

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Jun 29 20:49:55 UTC 2009

On Jun 29, 2009, at 16:43, William Jon McCann <william.jon.mccann at gmail.com
 > wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Peter Lemenkov<lemenkov at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> What a load of crap! I use rawhide as do hundreds of other testers.
>>
>> You contradicting to yourself - if you have many (enough to say that
>> their number is huge) crash test dummies with Rawhide enabled, when
>> you don't need any other special initiatives. However, I still think
>> that you need more *users*, average users. I repeat - users don't use
>> Rawhide, and this initiative will be doomed.
>
> I think your initial point was a reasonable one.  However, I don't
> think there's really any need to pick a fight here.  Allow some time
> for people to respond to your points.  And perhaps "doomed" was a bit
> overly dramatic, no?
>
> Another part of raising the bar is making this list a bit more user
> friendly.  :)

Thanks Jon for making that point. This list has been far too
unfriendly. We haven't needed to give anybody a timeout yet which
means we're bein slightly more civil however we still are being full
of the dramatics and over reactions. Peter does have good input bu it
could have been presented in a more constructive way. I thank those
that replied to the input and avoided being sucked into the dramatics.

--
Jes