FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 30 16:04:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Chris Adams wrote:
>> ISTR FESCo voted that down.
>
> They voted it down based on false assumptions, such as the one from Bill
> Nottingham (the one that it doesn't make any actual difference, which was
> also Seth Vidal's main argument) I just rectified in the post you're
> replying to. I'll do what I can to get it up for a revote based on the
> feedback from this thread.

It really wasn't my main argument. My main argument was that we need a
default no matter what and that adding 'GNOME' to the label doesn't change
anything and adds to the confusion of new users.

It's the same argument that notting and ricky and others gave.

Asserting that the only reason your proposal was rejected is b/c everyone
else misunderstood is just outrageous.

-sv