Fedora bittorrent tracker?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 13:23:26 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 05:00:54AM -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> On 2009-06-01 09:53:47 AM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > Do we offer a bittorrent tracker that FAS / fp.org users can use to
> > host their own bittorrent content?
> >
> > (Obviously it'll be Fedora/free software-related content)
> You can always make a request to Infrastructure at
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/.  We've hosted some
> Fedora-related things there before.  No idea if we have any sort of
> policy on what goes there though.  It'll probably depend on how much
> space we have and how long it needs to be there for, etc.

Thanks - I also found this page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Torrent_Releases_Infrastructure_SOP
Not really the sort of open tracker I was looking for ...

Opening the question a bit, does anyone know a good tracker hosting
service for use by free software projects?  http://legaltorrents.com/
seems mostly oriented towards media content (& is in a permanent state
of beta).  More 'mainstream' services like TPB might support it, but
then my users would have to navigate through pictures of nekkid
ladies, other content they might find objectionable, and may be
blocked from those sites anyway.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v