Fedora bittorrent tracker?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 16:02:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 11:53:12AM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>>> You can always make a request to Infrastructure at
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/.  We've hosted some
>>> Fedora-related things there before.  No idea if we have any sort of
>>> policy on what goes there though.  It'll probably depend on how much
>>> space we have and how long it needs to be there for, etc.
>>
>> Thanks - I also found this page:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Torrent_Releases_Infrastructure_SOP
>> Not really the sort of open tracker I was looking for ...
>>
>> Opening the question a bit, does anyone know a good tracker hosting
>> service for use by free software projects?  http://legaltorrents.com/
>> seems mostly oriented towards media content (& is in a permanent state
>> of beta).  More 'mainstream' services like TPB might support it, but
>> then my users would have to navigate through pictures of nekkid
>> ladies, other content they might find objectionable, and may be
>> blocked from those sites anyway.
>
> What sort of content are we talking about and how often are you talking
> about adding/changing it?

Large data sets derived from analysing the code in Fedora packages...
I was hoping to save the announcement til later.

For the purposes of this, big data files, derived from Fedora content
so under a free license of some sort, probably up to 30GB in size.
They would be regenerated once a month.

RIch.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html