Announcing Fedora Activity Day - Fedora Development Cycle 2009

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jun 2 03:19:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 20:56 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> What about hand carrying a disk drive over to RDU? Would that be faster
> than using an internet transfer?

Not really.

> Do you hard link the new release files to the ones identical in rawhide
> so that rsync doesn't have to transfer them to places mirroring rawhide?

Yes and no.  We do use hardlinks, however the mechanism that gets it
from PHX to Raleigh is Netapp snapmirror, which works at the block
level.  I don't know enough about snapmirror to know if it is helped by
hardlinks or not.  The individual files aren't the real problem, it's
the isos, particularly the live isos.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!