Action requested: check dist tags and conditionals

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Thu Jun 4 21:56:27 UTC 2009

Bill Nottingham wrote:

> - If you're using open ended conditionals such as:
> %if 0%{?fedora} > 9
>   make sure you keep in mind what will happen if %{fedora} isn't defined,
>   such as in the case of a derivative distribution.
>
> - If you're building for EPEL from a unified Fedora spec file, and have
>   separate %{fedora} and %{rhel} sections, make sure they do the right
>   things for any potential new releases, not just %{rhel} = 4 or %{rhel} =
>   5.

Can someone suggest how I should do this? I'm not sure who put this in my
spec file!

# for eggs
%if 0%{?fedora} >= 8
BuildRequires:  python-setuptools-devel
%else
BuildRequires:  python-setuptools
%endif

Is it safe to drop the conditional now and always expect python-setup-devel
to be there?

Jeremy

--
http://jeremysanders.net/