Some pulseaudio questions...

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 13:01:05 UTC 2009

On 06/05/2009 06:57 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Usually running "pulseaudio -vvvvv" in a terminal might give you a
> hint what might be going wrong.

Lennart,

Maybe this is a stupid question (you know I am constantly full of them),
but is there any way for pulseaudio to detect this "common" condition
where the audio is skipping and inform the user of the possible
workarounds (maybe a DBUS popup or something directly to syslog). I'm
just considering that the average user might not make the leap to
running "pulseaudio -vvvvv" in a terminal to figuring this out.

Just brainstorming,

~spot