F11: install freezes on Thinkpad

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Sun Jun 7 15:44:51 UTC 2009

Jos Vos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just did an F11 (final images) install on a ThinkPad T61p, where
> F9 and F10 were installing fine.
>
> Last time I looked the progress bar was at about 75%.  When I looked
> 10 minutes later, the screen was black, the system was still on, but
> I could only do a hard reset and the install was not completed (at
> least my /boot partition did not contain the bootloader as requested).
>
> It was not a power issue or so (system was not running on battery).
>
> Any suggestions?

I remember something similar with a previous Fedora upgrade.
The system went out of memory in the process and killed
something important (anaconda, IIRC).

Solved by running the process again after manually activating
some swap space. I think I restored the system from a backup
before reattempting the upgrade.

How much this story can be useful to you, I don't know.

Best regards.
   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it