BlueJ Advice Needed

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 14:00:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 1:46 AM, Frank Murphy
(Frankly3d)<frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoping to package BlueJ.
> http://www.bluej.org/about/what.html
>

> Q1:
> http://www.bluej.org/download/download.html
> Downloadable jar file, (and use contents of)
> or
> http://www.bluej.org/download/source-download.html
> Contains mix of Win\Mac\*nix stuff in the source zip

The former does not contain source files, so it is unacceptable.  You
will have to build from the latter.

> Q2:
> The third party bits that are required to run the BlueJ,
> have to be removed from the BlueJ Package as per
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legal-list/2009-June/msg00004.html
>
> If not already included in FP,
> they would have to be packaged separately,
> from their upstream sites?

Yes.  I see several jars that we already have, such as antlr, jsch,
junit, svnkit, and trilead-ssh.  What are we missing?

> Q3:
> Is there anyone in devel-list who has packaged *java apps* who
> would be willing to guide me as this would be my first package.

I have limited experience, so you'd be better off with someone else,
but I'm happy to offer what help I can give.

> Q4:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Java
> is most current re. java?

Yes.