Bittorrent speeds...

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Wed Jun 10 05:56:38 UTC 2009

Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 09:45:27PM -0600, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
>> Hello,
>>   Is it just me or is the torrent a bit slow. I typically download TV
>> shows at 1.5MB/s (MB, not Mb). 150-300MB in 4-5 minutes. This torrent is
>> sitting around 20-40KB/s... Anything I can do about that? Is the tracker
>> swamped or ???
>
> Which torrents in particular?  I just got the x86_64 LiveCD at about
> 1.3MB/sec; ~475 seeders of that.

X86_64 DVD Install. I dropped the max connections and have slowly bumped
it up from there. Its at 350 now, so I'm now getting 500K/s. Not really
sure what was going on, when I looked at the peer/seeder list, there
were lots and lots of connections, but 0K up/down. I figured if I
dropped the number of connections maybe deluge would perhaps keep the
ones sending stuff a bit better... Not really sure what's going on but
its much better than the 8-20K I was getting.

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
T: 403.875.4613