hda-verb and sound problems with Acer Aspire 8930G

Muayyad AlSadi alsadi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:45:12 UTC 2009

a brother have reported a problem in sound since F10
and he moved to F11 and he still have the problem
lspci | grep Audio gives
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 03)
(for more diagnostics see English output in
http://www.linuxac.org/forum/linuxac68/thread23699.html )

the solution to that problem is by calling hda-verb on each boot
http://www.linlap.com/wiki/Acer+Aspire+8930G
ubuntu: http://jan.saell.org/blog/archives/30
suse: http://en.opensuse.org/SDB_Discussion:Intel-HDA_sound_problems
mandriva: http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/mandriva/2009.1/x86_64/media/contrib/release/hda-verb-0.3-1mdv2009.1.x86_64.html
kernel: ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/misc/

so can somebody tell me if this was discussed for fedora and if
hda-verb was packed