USB autosuspend in F12

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 21:31:24 UTC 2009

>> issue is more about letting the *bus* power down. How much we save will
>> depend on the specific bus layout on a given machine, and also whether
>> we can successfully autosuspend all of the drivers.
>
> Modern machines are full of (mostly empty) buses, so there is hope the
> gain will not be insignificant. :-)

This is also very true of servers where the vast majority of expansion
and peripherals are either in regular use or not at all. In a data
centre environment the vast majority of usb and KVM are disconnected
for 99.999% of the servers life span. Would certainly be very
significant across the lifespan of the average server.

Peter