rpmconf - tool to handle rpmnew and rpmsave files

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:56:44 UTC 2009

On 12/06/09 17:00, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 14:30 +0200, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
>> I've been tired for some time of watching rpmnew and rpmsave files. I've
>> been looking for some tool, but did not find any, so I wrote my own.
>>
>> http://miroslav.suchy.cz/fedora/rpmconf/rpmconf
>>
>> Before I spend more times on this script, I would like to hear your
>> opinion. Do you find it useful? Did it already exists and I miss it in
>> my search?

There is something similar in Fedora,
yum-plugin-merge-conf (not installed by default)

currently is supports vi(m)

Now if you could modify this to use Meld lets say:
meld-1.2.1-3.fc11.noarch : Visual diff and merge tool
there would be a gui version.

But, what I would say is,
if you want go ahead, that is the beauty of F\l\OSS
*choice*

Maybe with your also Meld as a frontend?

Frank

--
jabber | msn | google-talk | skype: frankly3d
(Skype will be scrapped 1st July 2009)