Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 13 17:21:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-13 at 11:12 -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 07:04:12PM +0300, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
> > Hmm, I'd want netboot.img back, since I normally use a USB stick to
> > start the network install (OK, there is the possibility of using
> > livecd-iso-to-disk, but that's a lot more hassle than downloading a
> > minimalistic img and running dd).
>

> We have it, it's now called netinst.iso

Yes but not netboot.img that could be dd'd straight away to a USB drive
or whatnot; the iso needs livecd-iso-to-disk which a) is extra work and
b) is only available on Fedora and Windows. [Also, the livecd tools need
an own homepage so that users of other distros can get them.]
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor
jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org