Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Sat Jun 13 18:22:47 UTC 2009

----- "Itamar Reis Peixoto" <itamar at ispbrasil.com.br> wrote:

> the user's still able to install using netboot.iso.

Yeah some guy in a mud hut with no DSL only a 56k modem, Power 4 hours a day... NetInst FAIL.

I remember Seth talking a while back about yum's performance. As I remember, sure yum worked fine on his computers but try it on the OLPC. He then understood what the bugs and complaints were about.

Some including myself will and have said that Fedora is not for everyone. But I still think we should look at those that are not in the technical situation we are fortunate enough to be in.

- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |