Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 08:39:52 UTC 2009

On 14/06/09 04:47, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Don't be clouded by who is requesting it.  Releng qa anaconda et al
> would love to stop doing split cds. Less confusion on what to download
> would be appreciated by many too. We are one of the last distros to
> still do cd media outside of live media. Is this a case of users not
> knowing there are better choices than split CDs? Research into those
> demanding splits should be done and documented by those eager to
> continue seeing them produced.

A thought.

Maybe put this to the various
Ambassador groupings.
EMEA, APAC. etc.

Find out from the locals,
what it's like on the ground.

If it comes back that Area X,Y. are the main splitters.
For HW,BW reasons, whatever.

Ask them do a poll in their localities, schools, workplaces.
They are best placed.

Just worried about any negative karma.
*Fedora dumps on xyz*

Frank

--
jabber | msn | google-talk | skype: frankly3d
(Skype will be scrapped 1st July 2009)