What I HATE about F11

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun Jun 14 18:05:43 UTC 2009

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009, Lennart Poettering wrote:

>> The way it is done right now, you have a system that might give too
>> few permissions to some users. If that causes a problem, you'll notice
>> it, and you can correct it in a very simple way (uncomment one line
>> and add a user to a group).
>>
>> However, if we change the default, you have a system that may be
>> giving too much permissions to some users depending on your taste. And
>> the worse part is that you (as an admin) might not even know it !
>
> Bikeshed!

No. the "bikeshed" is about not agreeing on details and not starting
work on the item. That's not the case here. Here the argument is that
it *needs* to work.

That said, I agree the wheel group should be enabled with sudo, though
I disagree that the initial install user should be automatically added
to it.

But then again, I hate sudo :P I do most scripting that requires root
access via root logins directly with ssh and keys.

Paul