Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Jun 14 21:38:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 18:20 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> If the Fedora Project considers to no longer release split CD media, would
> the Fedora Project then also consider allowing Fedora Unity (members) to
> continue servicing those that request or even require split CD media? If
> that is too much to ask from a anaconda/qa/releng perspective, would the
> Fedora Project maybe consider finally allowing those from Fedora Unity that
> do it anyway, to do it *via* the Fedora Project?

If there are those that require split media, I'd much prefer that we as
a project produce and test the split media as part of our normal
development cycle, and not do it as some after thought after it's too
late to fix any problems found.

However I'd like to see some evidence as to the "require"ment.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!