Split Media - A use case

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Jun 15 16:49:03 UTC 2009

Avery, David [DENTK] wrote:
> Use case :
> PIII 950Mhz system CDROM installed , no DVD, NO USB boot option , no PXE
> boot option, local network does not allow DHCP server ( corp rules)
> , local net is firewalled from internet via (http | ftp) proxy

DVD readers can be had for pennies on the dollar. In fact, it's better
to buy a burner because most readers are ~$17 and burners are ~$20.

If your e-mail is true, then I think you have $20 to spare.

If $20 is too much then I think I have a spare one. If you pay shipping
it's yours. Should be about $10 for shipping and a box.

If $10 is too much then, as Jesse said, use the LiveCD.