Heads up: NoArch Sub Packages Feature continues

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 15 19:33:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Ben Boeckel wrote:

> A special exemption for noarch in arch compares and version
> differences? If it's between some arch and noarch, defer to the
> version checker.

Yes, as I explained on irc, it's doable - but where it gets implemented
(and what else it breaks) is not as obvious as an easy fix of adding an
obsoletes to the pkgs which are changing arch.

The bug is still open and it will get worked on but it is pressing when
there is an utterly trivial solution the packager can choose.

-sv