Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 15 20:26:29 UTC 2009

Jon Ciesla wrote:
> Also, I was wondering, myself aside, are the newer processors as
> prevalent all geographic locations?

Forget geographic locations, I would be more worried about economic
status. I worry that we're shutting out not only poorer /countries/, but
poorer /people/ everywhere, e.g. initiatives like the Helios Project. (I
don't think Ken uses Fedora anyway, but I really don't want to make it
/impossible/ for him, others involved in similar projects, or the
beneficiaries of such projects, to use Fedora.)

...besides all the people (like me) that simply don't want to spend the
$$ to replace hardware that is working fine today :-).

--
Matthew
End of Transmission