using CD/DVD as media

David dgboles at comcast.net
Wed Jun 17 18:47:11 UTC 2009

On 6/17/2009 3:30 AM, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
>> Note that this is of only very limited usefulness because packages often have updates available anyway.
>
> on the contrary this feature is very important for people who got no
> or slow internet connection, and in my country this is almost always
> the case
>
> in that case one won't mind getting an older openoffice.org than
> downloading tons of mega bytes.
> and even if one wants the latest oo.o he could install it from DVD
> then use presto to save bandwidth
>
>> The closing is done automatically, not by humans, so there's no way that bugs that are 'obviously' still valid can be excepted.
>
>> You have already said that you *know* how to do this. May I suggest that
> you do it then?
>
> I'm not here to complain about closing the bug nor to ask how to make
> a local repo
> I'm here to ask what does the "new UI for media change" mean in the PK update
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2009-5748

It appears that existing media sources can be enabled or can be disabled
in the GUI by marking the check boxes or unmarking the check boxes. In
my Fedora 11 it does not show a CD or DVD source. You would have to add
them, as in the example that I pointed to earlier, yourself. From what I
read it works. I can not really confirm that because I have not done
that. Nor will I because it is not what I want.

Similar to yumex.

--

  David