Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jun 17 23:57:11 UTC 2009

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> ...so you're going to drop wine? (At least, besides doing some funky
> chroot magic to install it?)

Moving i?86 to being a secondary arch entirely would indeed most likely mean
removing WINE from the x86_64 repos (it could still be fetched from the
secondary arch repo).

That said, I don't think this is a serious proposition at this point anyway
(I just mentioned it as some brainstorm idea, I'm not seriously backing it
at this time), some form of 32-bit i?86 is going to stay a primary arch for
the near future, the only question is which one.

        Kevin Kofler