Announcing LXDE Fedora Remix 11

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 19 02:44:15 UTC 2009

On 06/19/2009 12:38 AM, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> You never tried to convey anything to me. Back in Februar I asked for
> your ks and you said you wanted to post it to fedora-devel. This never
> happened.

I got distracted with other things. Mine wasn't that different anyway.
It was the almost the same set of packages after all with some minor
changes in configuration.

> I find it despicable from you to take the work others did, slap your
> name on it and release it without _ANY_ attribution to the people doing
> most of the work and without even telling anybody about your plans. This
> is FOSS after all, communication is vital and credit the main currency.

As I have noted before, your name is right there on top of

http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/remixes/LXDE/lxde-fedora-remix-11.ks

even before mine. I have only indicated that I have made some
modifications and it would be fair to do so. The whole idea behind
remixes is that it can be done by anybody.

Rahul