Announcing LXDE Fedora Remix 11

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 19 08:25:31 UTC 2009

On 06/19/2009 01:41 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> To sum it up: You say you wanted to work together with me, but you did
> not contact me, you did not tell me and you did not send me your ks,
> although you promised to do so. Right?

I made no such promise. I expressed a intend to do so and got busy with
the other things. Since there is no big difference between kickstart
files that essentially do the same thing and is so old now that is not
going be useful anymore, I am not even sure why you are so bothered with
it. Neverthless if you wanted it, you could have easily send me a
reminder instead of bringing it up after such a long time.

> My name is at the top of the ks and you hardly can remove a copyright
> notice.

It is a kickstart file with a bunch of packages and groups and some
simple configuration changes. Hardly something unique enough to be
copyrightable.

Nevertheless AFAICS all you changed is:
>       * You replaced slim with gdm because you could not get it working
>       * and included PolicyKit-gnome
> This is not really much remixing of my work. Don't you think that my
> name should have been mentioned in the announcement?

I agree it would be been nice to do so but I have already said that in
long offlist mails and IRC conversations. It is not reasonable to
demanding it however since much of what we do is by nature, building on
others work.

Rahul