Pulseaudio question...

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Sat Jun 20 03:22:38 UTC 2009

At the risk of bringing up a touchy subject, I have a couple pulseaudio
questions. Just wondering if the behaviour I am experiencing is a bug or
intended behaviour. Fedora 11 recently installed fully up to date as of now.

I've opened a movie in totem, the main volume level is somewhere in the
range of 70%, however totem is at about 4%. The movie is too quiet so
I've upped the volume in totem to 19%. The main volume is now 84%. All
fine and good. However if I modify the main volume at all (up or down),
the main volume resets to whatever the main volume was before I changed
totem's volume. If I in this case bring the main volume up to 84% again,
totem is at the 19% I set it to...

Is this expected behaviour?

--
Nathanael d. Noblet