Pulseaudio question...

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Sat Jun 20 17:59:47 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathanael D. Noblet" <nathanael at gnat.ca>
To: "Development discussions related to Fedora Core"
<fedora-devel-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 11:22 PM
Subject: Pulseaudio question...

> At the risk of bringing up a touchy subject, I have a couple pulseaudio

There isn''t much that is touchy.  If it's broke it needs fixed.

> fine and good. However if I modify the main volume at all (up or down),
> the main volume resets to whatever the main volume was before I changed
> totem's volume. If I in this case bring the main volume up to 84% again,
> totem is at the 19% I set it to...
>
> Is this expected behaviour?

I've noticed some odd volume control behavior myself, but it sounds like you
have explord it quite a but more than I have.  I've only noticed it seems to
have a mind of it's own.

I would suggest go to https://bugzilla.redhat.com and click on search.  Then
in the various boxes select Fedora, Fedora then click Refresh
Components/Versions/Milestones, then under Component select pulseaudio (it's
way down the list - lowercase p) and click Search.  Look through the bugs to
see if there is something similar to what you are experiencing.  If there is
something really close, maybe there is a fix, or perhaps you can add some
additional information.   If it isn't resolved, you might want to add
yourself to the notification list for that bug.

If you didn't find anything, file a new bug explaining the issue as well as
you have here.  While I wouldn't go so far as to say we "like" bugs, we do
appreciate people taking the time to formally notify us when something
doesn't seem right.  In the open-source community this isn't a complaint,
it's help.

--McD