Why do we need FC version attached to the package name?

Prasad H. L. hlprasu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 12:52:51 UTC 2009

I second this.

Can't we have only one stable repository which is for "Fedora",
instead of one each FC10, FC11, ...?

"development", "testing" and "stable" three repositories for "Fedora"
as a whole and snapshots of stable as releases?

That would make definitely user's life simple and I believe would make
so even for the developers.

Regards,
Prasad