rpms/php-pecl-geoip/devel import.log, NONE, 1.1 php-pecl-geoip.spec, NONE, 1.1 .cvsignore, 1.1, 1.2 sources, 1.1, 1.2

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 21:41:15 UTC 2009

On 06/23/2009 01:33 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 06/24/2009 01:59 AM, Todd Zullinger wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> On the commits mailing list, instead of the author name at the From
>>> field, I see only a nick name. Why is that?
>>
>> I _think_ this happens for users who mark their account data as
>> private in FAS.

This would slow down each cvs commit.  Currently we use the user
information on the cvs server to figure out the real-name::
        sender_name = pwd.getpwuid(os.getuid())[4]

That information is subject to the privacy policy as tmz says, therefore
it doesn't show up in the passwd information.  This is the fastest
method we can use to synchronously send mail out with this information.
 Making this slower will cause every cvs commit to get that muchslower
which is highly undesirable.

> It isn't particularly private if the full name and email address is
> revealed in the changelog. For better transparency, I think the full
> name must be in the From address in commit messages.

I don't think that we legally can.  The privacy policy determines what
information we can pull from fas and use where other people can see it.
 We could parse the changelog for the user's real name but that depends
on the cvs changelog including a certain structure of information which
it might not.

-Toshio