update mechanism for new releases

Tom tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 25 01:18:11 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 24 June 2009 18:45:28 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > If I upgrade from the DVD, or by Preupgrade, and it breaks, who
> > should I send the pieces to?
>
> bugzilla.redhat.com?

    I used 'preupgrade' on F9 to reboot F10. It was a success, then
F10-upgrade-test'g (+rpmfusion) for months. So I had no qualms when
'preupgrade' asked if I had a wired connection to go to F11.  Prob
was, 'sides my PEBKAC's, was aDSL, tho wired, is not. I needed to
boot, have a mse an kybd, run 'pppoe-setup'.  A BZ or a PEBKAC ?

   Too late.... the next morn'n I re-installed the F9 kde live cd,
d/l'd the F11 kde iso, burned it to CD, an up'd from that. IMO,
'spite any PEBKAC on my part, 'preupgrade' should warn that 'wired
connection' means w/o boot, aDSL, no mse/kybd, no PEBAC's, etc.
Anyhow, F11+up's (+rpmfusion) now, no probs... smolt is on file ...
T61 all Intel laptop
--
    Tom Brinkman                     Corpus Christi, Texas