[JANITOR] Duplicate directory ownership cleanups

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 09:04:12 UTC 2009

Hi, I'm Scruffy, the Fedora Janitor.

Today (and likely, over the next few days/weeks), I'll be going through
and making minor changes to packages in rawhide (and only in rawhide)
where there are cases of unnecessary duplicate directory ownership.
Please do not be alarmed!

As an example example:

/usr/share/pear/Console was owned by both:
 * php-pear-Console-ProgressBar
 * php-pear

php-pear-Console-ProgressBar Requires: php-pear, so I changed it to not
own the directory (it still owns all of its files in that directory,
just not the directory itself).

I won't be fixing cases where the duplicate directory ownership is
acceptable, like much of the perl structure, so you don't have to worry
about that. Nevertheless, if you see me make a change that you don't
think is right, feel free to email me or ping me on irc (spot).

Please be sure that you have the latest cvs revision before you go
through and overwrite my cleanups.

Thanks in advance,

~spot