FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 21:40:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 14:50 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> 17:47:35 <zodbot> jds2001: #171 (Critical Path Package Proposal) -
> FESCo - Trac - https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/171

Arguably this should go on the wiki, but future looking...

IF we had the case where we have a never freezing rawhide, and we don't
make install images for it until we branch/freeze (outside of one-off
test day images), then critical path doesn't play into "rawhide" so much
as the branched pending release (which is essentially frozen and change
is driven via bodhi) and the updates to already released Fedoras.
Essentially releng/QA is signing up to be responsible for seeing
updates-testing function as desired for critical path packages.
Updates-testing should be used /anyway/, we're just going to guarantee
that qa/releng will consume and test it while in updates-testing and
provide feedback before it gets out of updates-testing.

Looking even farther in the future to where we have AutoQA functioning,
we can treat critical-path packages differently in the real "rawhide".
Packages outside of critical-path will have autoqa tests done on them in
an informational only way, anything seen wrong will be alerted to the
maintainer and they will fix it if/when they can.  Packages within
critical path that have autoqa failures can be prevented from entering
the repo until somebody either fixes it and a build passes the tests, or
a properly authorized account holder forces the build into the repo.  Of
course this is just a rough idea how it would work, we have to get
autoqa working first.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!