FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Guido Grazioli guido.grazioli at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 22:57:08 UTC 2009

2009/6/27 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>

> Guido Grazioli wrote:
> >>From wikipedia:
> > "Version 8.0 was also the second to include the
> > Bluecurve<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluecurve> desktop
> > theme <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theme_%28computing%29>. It used a
> > common theme for GNOME-2 and KDE 3.0.2 desktops, as well as
> > OpenOffice-1.0. KDE members did not appreciate the change, claiming that
> > it was not in the best interests of KDE."
>
> How's the history of Bluecurve relevant for the state of KDE in current
> Fedora? Bluecurve isn't even the default anywhere in Fedora anymore! And
> the state of KDE has changed a lot between RHL 8 and now. In particular,
> KDE is now maintained by a community SIG (also including 3 RH folks), not
> by a single person at RH. And the decisions are now taken by the SIG, not
> RH. The RH employees work with our SIG the same way we volunteers do, they
> don't get instructions dictated from above. And FWIW I still use Bluecurve,
> I even ported it to KDE 4 (see Quarticurve) and I don't see what's wrong
> with it.
>
>        Kevin Kofler

Yep, bluecurve is not guilty here. The actor and the locations changed, but
what is always the same is that "an actor" wants a default desktop/theme for
rh/fedora,
"another" feels hurt and wants no default, while the "folks" thinks thats
irrelevant,
because they are *not* "ignorant masses".
The paradox here is that if fedora has to feed ignorant masses, you want a
default desktop

> --

Guido Grazioli <guido.grazioli at gmail.com>
Via Parri 11 48011 - Alfonsine (RA)
Mobile: +39 347 1017202 (10-18)
Key FP = 7040 F398 0DED A737 7337  DAE1 12DC A698 5E81 2278
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/guidograzioli