FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 26 23:40:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

> - A topic was brought up to FESCo. It was concerning an unease of an
> important fraction of our members.

and I disagree with that fraction.

> - You may not find it an important issue personally. But that doesn't
> change the fact that there is an issue.

Actually, I disagree that it is an issue that was cause for [much]
concern.

> - As a steering committee member, you must prepare for the meetings
> and try to come up with different solutions if you don't agree with a
> proposal, since ignoring will only help to the growth rate of a
> disease.

I had read the proposal. I didn't think it was necessary. I made an
argument against it. Apparently, a quorum of fesco members agreed on that
point.

> This is the type of quality I expect from you and other FESCo members.
> Do I expect too much?

Fedora contributors elected representatives. We evaluated what we were
presented. We rejected the proposal. How is that NOT doing what is
expected of us?

-sv