FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jun 27 05:20:32 UTC 2009

Adam Miller wrote:
> Where can I find information about the vote on what agenda items the
> KDE SIG wants you to bring to the FESCo table? I apparently missed out
> on this.

Given when KDE SIG meets and how short-term most FESCo stuff gets tabled, in
most cases, the only place feedback can be provided is #fedora-kde. But
anyway, holding KDE SIG votes on what I should vote for FESCo probably
isn't a very productive use of our time in most cases. ;-) IMHO, you can
usually trust me to know what's "the right thing" for our SIG, but if you
want to provide feedback, please do check
https://www.fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9 a few hours before the meeting
and bring the interesting item(s) up on #fedora-kde. Of course I won't
guarantee that I'll share your personal position, in fact in cases like
here where you defend positions like:
> The problem with this is that you are now pushing two things blindly
> at ignorant masses, so not only do they have no clue what their doing
> because its a different operating system from what they are
> (generally) used to but there are two "default" interfaces to it. How
> does this make sense?
I'm pretty unlikely to share those. ;-) But I doubt you'd get the majority
of KDE SIG's members to agree with such a position either.

        Kevin Kofler