How user could loose his "CLA done" status?

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun Jun 28 14:22:48 UTC 2009

On 06/12/2009 02:11 PM, Ricky Zhou wrote:
>  If
> he legitimately only has one name (I'm sure there have been many special
> cases like this), let spot know and he'll make sure to let the CLA go
> through.

I am aware of exactly one legitimate case of a FAS account where the
user had a single word as their complete legal name. I reject about 5-10
CLAs daily, due to one of the following reasons:

* Name is incomplete (sometimes, this is because only the first or last
name is used "John" instead of "John Doe", sometimes it is because they
used initials "John D." or "J. Doe", and sometimes, the names are not
separated in any way "johndoe")
* Name is obviously not the real legal name of the contributor. (e.g.
"BBW Pornhunter", "Stewie Gilligan Griffin")
* Phone number is absent or obviously incorrect (e.g. "555-1212",
"--------", "0000000000000")

In the past, we used to reject CLAs for an absent or obviously incorrect
mailing address, but Fedora no longer requires that information.

~spot