FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 29 08:56:24 UTC 2009

On 06/29/2009 12:54 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> The user does not care, so why present things to the user as if they should?

I said nothing about users. You should as a Fedora developer care about
integration with leading edge features that makes Fedora stand out.

> You're calling things "integration" which are just features, e.g.
> fingerprint reading.

I guess that is a just a different perspective. My point of view is
that, finger print functionality already exists for quite sometime.
What is new is the integration with desktop environment and display
manager. I find it amusing that you won't even agree that shipping
nm-applet in KDE results is a gap in integration. This was a result of
the KDE 3 -> KDE 4 migration. Let's just agree to disagree.

Rahul