[Fedora-legal-list] http://www.fsf.org/news/dont-depend-on-mono

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 14:42:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Frank Murphy<frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any contingency plans in place,
> for a worst case scenario if C#, is lost?
> FesCo?

As Ajax said, the contingency plan would be "nuke from orbit", just as
it is for any legally objectionable software in Fedora.

However, I don't think there's anything to worry about here.  The only
reason that we ship mono *at all* is that we're covered by some OIN
patents on it. I'm not sure which OIN patents those are, but
essentially if Microsoft wants to pick that fight, we'll play their
game.  There is no benefit to Microsoft due to the "mutually assured
destruction" principle.