FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:20:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Bill Nottingham  wrote:
> Kevin Kofler said:
>> > It's not a default if you're providing a choice.
>>
>> I see no reason why we can't provide a choice of 2 desktops.
>
> Because giving people a choice when they can't possibly make a good
> informed decision is horrible UI.

I am confused. How does this comply with the "it doesn't really
matter" argument which was the primary reasoning that was presented to
reject this proposal?

> If you've got someone new to Fedora, and they go to the page, asking
> them to choose between Mumble and Frotz (and Moof, and Wobble), with
> no other data (as exists right now on get-fedora, or even on the OpenSUSE
> page), there's no way they can make a useful decision, and it's only
> going to make their experience worse.

Could you elaborate on this? What will be worse? Will they just not
download Fedora because there are too many choices? Will we lose
potential users?

Best,
Orcan