Raising the bar

William Jon McCann william.jon.mccann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:43:01 UTC 2009

Hi Peter,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Peter Lemenkov<lemenkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/30 Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>:
>
>>> I repeat - this initiative should be based only (exclusively) on
>>> current releases.
>
>> What a load of crap! I use rawhide as do hundreds of other testers.
>
> You contradicting to yourself - if you have many (enough to say that
> their number is huge) crash test dummies with Rawhide enabled, when
> you don't need any other special initiatives. However, I still think
> that you need more *users*, average users. I repeat - users don't use
> Rawhide, and this initiative will be doomed.

I think your initial point was a reasonable one.  However, I don't
think there's really any need to pick a fight here.  Allow some time
for people to respond to your points.  And perhaps "doomed" was a bit
overly dramatic, no?

Another part of raising the bar is making this list a bit more user
friendly.  :)

Thanks,
Jon